Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Jukebox:: Josh Ritter




Hello friends,

Since my little (accidental) hiatis from blogging, I have not be able to share anything, let alone music. Today's jukebox is a pretty sweet one. I'm kind of in love with the man, don't tell Bry! Josh Ritter is another one of those songs I heard on WYEP on a late night's drive home. This first song is one of those song that breaks through all the bullshit running threw my head and makes me turn up the radio. There's something warm and snuggly about his voice. I expect a candle to be burning, and a cute dude in a sweater handing me a cup of hot tea when this song starts playing. It's the kind of tune you melt into, and get nostalgic about something that was never there.




This second song is evocative of my youth in a weird way. Something about the jumpy beap reminds me of gatherings with my cousins, and the almost bubbly country music my mom would play. It's strange how music can take you back like that, especially when it's new music. Something new bringing up feelings like that tune was always playing in the background. I'm a sentimental heart, if you couldn't tell. Ritter's music has a way of pulling that out, I suppose. And, in a way I guess that makes his music work...maybe that's what he's going for. And he's pretty handsome, so that helps....

Who have you guys been listening to lately?

xoxo. Holly Erinn


No comments:

Post a Comment