Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekly Update no.3

PhotoGrid_1452460380111

Hello friends, 

This week has been another quiet one. Though, I can't really complain. There was lots of tea drinking, a coffee date with Bryan, and a bit of snow! Our Pittsburgh Steelers made it into the playoffs and the city of course went crazy. I've been trying to take better care of myself, and do things that make me feel good. I often disregard the need for self-care in the eye of the day to day life. I let things get to me without decompressing, and healing after. It's something I've been working on for years and something I will continue to do so in decades to come. My mother was very similar, and I'm trying to break that cycle. The blog here helps out a lot with that, the consistency and creative outlet really helps me. In this new year, I'm also trying to get out more and spend mine and Bryan's precious time together wisely. We truthfully only get 2 days out of the week to spend together due to our work schedules, so the little bit of time we get is really special to me. We attempt to go out and make the most of our days, and as the seasons get warmer the better those adventures are going to get. I know I've been talking about hiking a bunch over the past couple weeks, but it literally is all I've been able to think about since the Christmas season ended. Soon, my friends, soon!! Take a peek at the photos below of a better look at what happened this week.... 

PhotoGrid_1452460250068
The flea market had a really cool floor.

PhotoGrid_1452460191471
Tea gifted to me by my beautiful friend, Colleen. And, the mug my beautiful little man, Landon, gave me randomly one day. He's a sweetheart when he wants to be. 

PhotoGrid_1452460123129
My hair is finally is getting long enough to put up in a little pony tail! 

2016-01-12_05-32-36
It also finally snowed a little bit in Pittsburgh! The city looked so pretty!! 

2016-01-12_05-33-03
And, I'm trying to do my makeup more often. Getting back to taking care of myself! Thanks to a gift card from my brother, I recently picked up a new Urban Decay Naked Pallet. You have no idea how excited I am about that!! 

2016-01-12_05-34-10
I got a sweet jean vest on clearance a few weeks back, I'm starting to decorate the crap out of it. Several patches have been bought from rad sellers on Etsy

2016-01-13_05-24-55
Bry found a present that he forgot to give me at Christmas, and it ended up being this awesome Catbug tank top. If you haven't watched Bravest Warriors, you definitely should! It's such a cute show!! 

PhotoGrid_1452814525549
Bry and I had a super fun time running around the other day taking photos and shopping. We stopped and had a little coffee date while we were out. 

PhotoGrid_1452814446140
I picked up this cute little lipstick pin from American Apparel. 

PhotoGrid_1452961343233
This radical elephant was painted on the window of a gym. Such a neat painting for a gym window. Maybe this is the gym I should join!! hahah!

PhotoGrid_1452961218683
And there was this cute little book store, which at the moment I can not recall its name. We stopped in and honestly stayed here longer than any other store we stopped in. I bought a book a temporary cat tattoos (cattoos), and a poster of Alphonse Mucha's seasons. Still not quite sure where I'm gonna put that poster.


I hope this past week treated you all well! And, I hope this week treats you just as well, if not better!! Is there anything fun you guys did this week or something awesome you blogged about? Leave me a comment down below telling me about your awesome week, or a link to a spectacular blog post you wrote! I would love to hear/ read about it all!!!! 

xoxo. Holly Erinn 

No comments:

Post a Comment