Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Pastel Paradise















Hello friends, 

Today, I wanted to share a little color theory post dedicated to the gorgeous color family of pastels! Anything candy colored, bright, and girly tends to draw my eye more than any neon or super saturated color ever could. I grew up a Barbie girl, and ever since I can remember pastel Pink has been in my top 5 all time favorite colors. As I get older, the more I'm giving into that side of myself. There were a few years, back in the day, that I completely denied myself the joy of pastel and bright colors. Teen angst has a way of sucking all the color out of your life. But, now that I've shaken off all that teenage blah-ness I have candy coated my world. 

This post is a round up of some lovely images, and a couple tutorials that are all pastel themed. I've been loving these color theory posts, and I figured I'd branch out and do more than one color. Once Bry and I get our own place, I can assure you that there will be an obnoxious amount of pastel colored decor and appliances in our home. He may not like it, but I don't care.  I'm trying to slowly bring some of that into our home now, but it's difficult to ideally decorate a space that isn't your own, and when you're sharing space with others. 

For this spring, I am trying to add more color into my wardrobe. more pink specifically. I have a lot of grey and brown in my collection, and I've noticed over the past few years my wardrobe has become rather dull and boring. There's a lot of plain, no pattern type of things in there, and most of my pieces are so old. I'm doing my best to cycle things out as I acquire new things. Bring on all the flowers, all the pastel colors, and all the candy coated good I can take!! I'm ready for it!! 

What colors has you guys inspired lately?

xoxo. Holly Erinn  












No comments:

Post a Comment