Monday, January 5, 2015

::The Juke Box: Laura Veirs




Hello friends!! 

Today's Juke Box artist is one that I recently came across thanks to my trusty WYEP. Her voice is very whimsical, which is always up my alley, and when I saw the video- I fell in love. I look forward to listening to more of her work. The city I live in is so invested in their cultural enrichment, and I love that I have outlets like WYEP  to educate me on the daily. But, back to the magical Laura Veirs....

This song that I've chosen to share today is kind of sad, but the melody and imagery that she creates is so wonderful. I get lost daydreaming about these magical far off lands when I here this song. The video lived up to my expectations and more when I went to research this more. I'm really picky with songs I choose to put up here, and a large deciding factor is the video. When the whole package is presented so lovely, its most certainly worth sharing! Enjoy!! 

xo. 
holly erinn 

No comments:

Post a Comment