Friday, January 23, 2015

::Life Post:: Going Back To Freelance


Hello friends,

I know I've mentioned it several times, but I recently quit my "big girl job" in the pursuit of happiness and a more creative life. Over the past couple of years, I have made a few wrong turns, a few wrong choices, and have lost sight of what I actually want in life. I made a promise to myself years ago that I would do everything in my power to search out happiness, and that art had to be a part of my life. Truth be told, I've been trying to be an "adult" and do things "the right way". But, it honestly makes me miserable. 

In 2009, I graduated with an associate's degree in Illustration from Douglas Education Center, and I have not be doing anything with my degree since. What the fuck?! I did have an awesome job in an airbrush shop for a few years after graduation, but that fell threw due to personal conflicts with the owner. It was probably the best job I have ever had, and I really miss being able to use my skills in a real, concrete profitable way. But that ship has sailed, and it's time for a new route to explore. There's a lot of plans that I have for this year. And, I've actually been making good on them so far. Eventually, I'm going to turn the ginormous basement in my dad's house into an airbrush shop of my own. I'm slowly turning my old bedroom into a full office/studio, and Bryan, myself, and my best friend Davie are moving in with my dad within the next few months. Life is changing rapidly, but in a good way. Things are finally looking positive. But, there's still a lot of work to do. 

Today, I want to share with you the few websites that I'm using to produce, and sell my works. 2015 is the year I go back to art as my career! If that means I'm a starving artist, than that just means I get to shed a few pounds and fit into my bikini! haha! Silver linings, folks! But, in all seriousness, I've really been working hard to stock my shops with great products for you guys. There's going to be a lot more being posted,and produced within the coming months. 

First up is my shop on society6, there you'll find tons of my art on everything from prints to shower curtains. Their products are super high quality, and there's tons of different surfaces you can get things printed on. My favorites are the shirts, and totes. I really want to fill my shop with a crazy amount of colorful totes. That's a big goal for this year! I fucking love totes ahha! 



And, of course, you all know about my etsy shop. I'm always gabbing on about it. Right now in the shop, there's a bunch of crystals, a few shirts, and a couple of original pieces of art! Etsy is one of my favorite platforms to sell on, and the community that has been built around this site is amazing. Beyond selling my wares on Etsy, I love looking around at the other stores too. There's something for everyone, and for every occasion on there. You can even find patterns, tutorials, and craft supplies. There's so much. I love my little shop, though, and I'm always making and thinking of new things to list for sale. I'm hoping to put a bunch of new stuff up in the shop next week. So, stay tuned for a giant shop update soon!! 


In addition to selling on Etsy, and Society6 I'll be continuing to take on commissioned projects, and looking for markets around the area to sell at. There'll be more sketches floating around the blog, and lots more art for you all to ogle at. I'm beginning to figure out where I actually belong in this world, and I need to get back to who I really am. And, that's art. It's always been art. It's always going to be art. 2015 is going to be hella colorful!!

xo. holly erinn

Have you guys checked out my society 6 shop yet? There's a lot of my best pieces available as prints, shirts, totes, mugs and more! Check everything out now at http://society6.com/hollyerinnkarnes ✌πŸ˜œπŸŽ¨πŸŒΌπŸƒ:crow
Working on some more faerie doodles. It feels really good to be drawing again. ✌πŸ˜œπŸŽ¨πŸŒΌπŸƒ
PhotoGrid_1421701105447

No comments:

Post a Comment