Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Kraft Paper Brown










Hello friends, 

I'm back with another color theory post, but this time it's with a color that you may not expect to be celebrated. Kraft paper brown. There's something about this shade of brown that gets my imagination going like nothing else! A blank white piece of paper can be soooo intimidating but a nice piece of soft kraft paper brown in just enough color to inspire some of the funkiest drawings out of me. There were a few years after college when I came home and scoured the surrounding areas for every piece of scrapped cardboard to draw on. My dad would bring me huge boxes that we would cut down for drawing pieces, and I was just obsessed. Like, legit obsessed. Have you ever heard of some one having an artist love affair with cardboard? No, me either. I'm a weirdo, but there's something so special about that shade of brown. The photos I've gathered for you today are ones that have been inspiring me lately. I really want to make that race track for my nephew and niece. I think they'd have a blast with it.....or rip it shreds. Yea, Calvin would totally wreck it, but it'd be fun as hell to watch him do it. I really love the contrast of colors between the brown envelope and bright yellow stickers. That color combination really caught my eye this week, and is making me want to go to Walmart are hunt down those stickers!! 

Which project above is inspiring you? 

xo. Holly Erinn 





No comments:

Post a Comment