Saturday, February 20, 2016

Art Appreciation no.5


Hello friends, 

It's been a hot minute since our last art appreciation post, and I wanted to pop in with a few sweet pieces. My sketchbook is quickly filling up with highly detailed pieces that are just dripping with color. This week's art appreciation reflects this sentiment. All the pieces in today's post are high in detail with gorgeous color. I love high detail art, I really appreciate (lol!) pieces that you can stare at for a while and notice all kinds of different things the longer you look! Also, notice all the different line variations in this post. Incredible variations in your line work is what makes a piece really stand out for me. I remember being in college and one of my instructors taught me about line variation and how that can completely change the look of your art. If all of your lines are the same width, and there's no spectrum of heaviness; there's no depth. I've never forgotten that. So today, notice all the little things in each piece. Pay attention to the variations in the lines, and how that plays to the scene. Also, keep in mind the color pallets in each piece and how that tells it's story. 

Which is your favorite??

xo. Holly Erinn 






















No comments:

Post a Comment