Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Textiles and Threads:: Glitter, Gold, Grunge


PhotoGrid_1418353308654


Hello friends, 

Today I've got an outfit that's a bit of blast from the past. I know grunge is super popular right now, but I must say (in my most hipstery voice), I've been rocking this look the whole time. And, yes I know more that one Nirvana song. Hahah! But let's get serious here, I love this outfit. It's hella comfy, and pretty warm. Thank god for The Salvation Army, without them I would be without this awesome glittery grandpa sweater. And, of course I'm rocking my favorite Minnetonka moccasin booties. 

PhotoGrid_1418353443892

I wore this outfit to work the other day, and it worked out pretty well. Other than the elderly folks in the building asking what my shirt was about. That was rather interesting. I really enjoyed this outfit though, it kind of took me back to my youth. Growing up in the 90's with the coolest Nickelodeon radio was probably the best thing that could have happened to me, culturally. I still have,actually. I may have to dig it out, and dust it off. That would be rad. 

PhotoGrid_1418353382513
PhotoGrid_1418353527746
PhotoGrid_1418353467980

I didn't realize how dark my hair still is, until I took these photos. Hahah! I can't complain. I'm pretty happy with the length too, and I've recently been putting dreads in the underneath of my hair. I'll write more about that later, it's a journey and I'm taking it slowly. My dreads are very important to me, and each one has purpose behind it. They're my babies, and I love them already. But, they're not ready to come out to play just yet. So, I really wanted these photos to have that 90's bleached out Polaroid feel, I think I accomplished that. The lighting is really harsh, and it makes everything look old. It amuses me,and really reminds me of all those terrible 35mm's I took with my dad's camera before I knew how to actually use it. Warm, snuggly feelings.

xo. holly erinn

No comments:

Post a Comment