Monday, December 1, 2014

::Threads and Textiles:: Navy Daisy Blue



PhotoGrid_1416513571266

Hello Friends!!! 


It's been awfully chilly here in Pittsburgh recently. But, I'm not complaining. It's stocking weather! There's nothing I love more that layering my pieces. I love that snuggley warm feeling of having multiple layers on. I found this skirt in my dad's house a few month ago, I don't know where it came from, or who's it belongs to. And, for the life of me, I don't remember buying it. Though, I can't bitch too much, this thing fits like a dream! Don't you just love it when things actually fucking fit?! Sometimes it's really frustrating trying to find things that fit right. My waist is so small compared to my bust and hips that it makes it rather difficult at times. So, when I find something that feels good, and looks good I just about throw a parade. 

PhotoGrid_1416545872104
PhotoGrid_1416545902772


LOL! Look how fucking cute I am! hahah! I've been drawn to a lot of dark colors recently. Probably due to the weather....but I wanted to play with dark neutrals for this look. For the longest time it was a personal rule of mine to never wear black and navy, I don't know why, but I always hated that combination. But, the older I get, and the more I fall madly in love with colors...I have become more excepting of this combination, and have grown fond even. But, I digress... no one wants to hear my ramble about my affair with the color wheel. 

PhotoGrid_1416545980423
PhotoGrid_1416545954912
PhotoGrid_1416545927121


And because it was cold, I had to wear a sweater underneath...hence the little pops of red! I like it though. In a whole outfit, mainly consisting of a monochromatic pallet...bright pops of warmer colors in this case really stand out. And against this dreary November afternoon, it looks pretty rad! 
PhotoGrid_1416546128045

And here's a small appearance from the bear! 

PhotoGrid_1416546009437

Let's talk about this hella cute crop top I found on Rue 21's sales rack, for about $3 I believe. I think it's suppose to be more of a bra type crop, but I'm a short shit. Thus it reaching my waist, haha! But I love the giant daisy print. It feels very 90's, which apparently is trendy now?! It's really weird to see fashion trends, and nostalgia from your childhood be vintage, and trendy again. I think I'm getting old. Yikes....Is it just me or is it a little to old for the 90's to be vintage? Below is a close up of my jewelry for the outfit. Celtic love knot was a gift from Bryan, the crystal and feather necklace was made by me, and the crystal ring is from a store in Ross Park Mall called Gifted Hands.

PhotoGrid_1416546091780

No comments:

Post a Comment