Wednesday, December 31, 2014

::Craft Post:: DIY Goals



Hello friends!!! 

I've got a fun post for you today! I've been feeling hella crafty lately, and I've been getting that crazy itch to make stuff. Recently, I've been scouring Pinterest like a damn fiend trying to find cute stuff to either make or blog about. And, trust me friends, I have found a lot! There's only a few for today, but I didn't want to overwhelm you guys and be all like "oh my god you guys, I've spend wayyyy too many hours on this crazy pinterest app and here's all the awesome stuff I've found, and oh my god you guys need to make these things with me!!! who want to have a craft date?!"......yea so there's like only 5 excellent things for you today. 

A few of them are things that I've found on other sites, that aren't necessarily DIY's, but can totally be done. I like simple things, and I've really been gravitating towards minimalist bohemian gypsy nonsense. So, sit back, and imagine yourself making these awesome-sauce projects on your back porch. And then, maybe when it gets a little warmer we can actually accomplish these goals!! So yea, those gold glitter dipped feathers?? I'm dying. I don't know what I would use them for, or in. But, they're so gorgeous, and I need to find something to do with them. 




This is going to sound a little weird, don't judge me. But, occasionally I pick up pieces of wood off the side of the road. Yea. I can feel your judging....hahaha anyway, I found a nice big stump a few months ago, and it's been sitting on our back porch ever since. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to do with it, and then I saw this. 
It's actually a planter from Anthropology, which I believe is relatively expensive. And, all I'd have to do to recreate it is go hollow out that stump. And. you guys thought I was weird for picking up wood from the side of the road. HA! 



I am, and always have been a major fan of beaded, or clothed doorways. The hippie in me lost her mind when I saw this DIY. I had neon rainbow peace sign beads over my bedroom door my whole childhood. It's still there when I go back to my dad's house. This is a little more classy, and grownup. But, I still totally dig my rainbow peace sign bead curtain. Definitely on my to-do list. 


When the harem pant craze popped up, I must admit I was not into it. The longer it's sticking around, and the more photos I see of rad outfits featuring them; the more I like them. But, they're relatively expensive in store and online, and I'm cheap. I'd just rather make my own. 
Thou, admittedly I am not the best at reading patterns when it comes to sewing. So, I'm going to have to enlist the help of my sister. She's a much better seamstress than I am. And! Spoiler, she's starting a blog soon! Eeep! 



This is another one from Anthropology that is totally doable as a DIY. Again, hella expensive on their site, but with a simple organizer from The Dollar Store, and a can of gold spray paint this could be super cheap. OR! You could even just grab a few different size cans, or bowls- glue them to a slab of wood and spray the crap out of them. This is a definite one that we'll be doing on here later. I love the look of this,and gold is really appealing to me this year. Stay tuned for this to be a thing later on! 


I hope you guys enjoyed these, and that they've got your brain working! Get inspired, and do some cheap shit to make your home look cooler. Make a new pair of pants, or throw glitter on something random! Got a DIY that you've done recently? Share it with me, I'd love to see what you guys are working on!!!! 

xo. 
holly erinn



No comments:

Post a Comment