Tuesday, July 28, 2015

::Threads & Textiles:: Rainbow Bright & Mini Studio Tour

PhotoGrid_1437754814162

Hello friends, 

I've been spending a ton of time in my sewing room lately; in preparation for an upcoming shop update. The update was supposed to go up this past weekend, but with a ton of plans I wasn't able to find the time. They'll be up this week for sure though. But I decided to look kinda cute last week, and snapped a few photos. All of Wednesday, and most of Thursday were spent sewing my little fingers off. Somehow, dressing up makes me feel more productive. I can't sew in my pj's. 

You'll notice in a few photos that I've got some pretty gnarly pit hair. I was a little hesitant to photograph my lady pit hair. Over the months of growing it out, I've gone thru up's and down's of my confidence regarding this issue. What once was incredible, self empowering, self motivated statement, has become a question of femininity, and normality. Which is just ridiculous. Media is such a powerful thing. But, I wanted to photograph myself this week embracing my body hair in it's natural state. It's a vote of confidence in my own corner. 

So let's talk about this outfit....I walked up to the Dunkin' Doughnuts up the street, and got some of the oddest, and most offensive looks from strangers on the corner waiting for the bus. I love color, but surprisingly most of Pittsburgh finds it odd. It reminded me of when I used to take the bus to my old job in the mall. I was 21, and determined to look as weird and colorful as I possibly could. Back then I found those stares to be a liberating middle finger to normal society, but now it's a little alarming. I'm not as brash as I used to be. I've certainly calmed down, and that's pretty good for me. Though, from time to time I like to be rather bright. 

This is such a fun outfit for me. I love outfits like this- so simple, movable, and colorful. Color blocking is still one of my favorite outfit trends. As I get older, I've come to appreciate solid color pieces and simple prints.  I like to mix and match several pieces and stock my wardrobe with pieces that'll work well together with mostly everything. It extends the life and possibilities of your wardrobe. Maybe we'll talk about that more later! 

Have you guys written an outfit most recently?
Share it with me down in the comments! 

xo. holly erinn 


PhotoGrid_1437754371197
PhotoGrid_1437755345578
PhotoGrid_1437754651539
PhotoGrid_1437754548247
this is my favorite photo from my favorite vacation of all time with my older brother, joey
PhotoGrid_1437755107060
PhotoGrid_1437754513455
the bottom of rum from joey's housewarming party
PhotoGrid_1437754310459
PhotoGrid_1437754692730
PhotoGrid_1437754249819
PhotoGrid_1437754910061

tank: PCX
shorts: handmedown's from my little sis
tights: Target

PhotoGrid_1437754418330

No comments:

Post a Comment