Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Art Appreciation no. 3



Hello friends, 

It's been ages since I've done an art appreciation post. Not that I haven't been appreciating art, I've been pinning like a mad woman!! Checking out other's art helps me get out of ruts, and find inspiration again in times of burn outs. Since the wrap up of the book, I've been kind of stuck/ burned out from drawing so much, and focusing on the same images for so long. We started the book way back in April. It's been a long ass time. But now that it is finished, my brain can't help but to want to start a book of my own. I know I've mentioned it a few times. I'm just now starting to dream up the story line and the characters. Recently, I started sketching them out because I've come to realize it's difficult for me to write about them if I can't see them. I'm such a visual person. 

If you couldn't tell, the pieces I've chosen for this week's roundup are whimsically book inspired, and very character driven. I love art that can tell a whole story in one image. When I was younger, I used to look at art (either in books, museums, etc.) and make up stories in my head about the characters in the piece. I loved imagining what they were doing that day, or what their lives were like on a daily basis. The pieces in the post have been very inspiring to me lately, and I hope the bring you some inspiration too! 

Have you guys found a piece of art you've fallen in love with recently?

xo. holly erinn 






















No comments:

Post a Comment