Saturday, June 24, 2017

Swear it's 1975


Hello dear friends!!! 

The 70's 😍😍😍 good lord, here is my life long inspiration!!! There's something about that decade that just calls to me. Maybe it's the bright colors, maybe it's the idea that love was free flowing, maybe it's the big hair....I don't know! But there's no other decade that pulls me in quite like the late 60's thru the end of the 70's. That's my dad's era, he used to play all the old songs and I was raised on The Beatles. I remember being in college in 2008 pretending it was 1975, painting giant murals with Peter Max inspired colors on huge pieces of cardboard, and wearing every colorful piece of clothing I could find. There were people in and out of my apartment all the time, love was every where, and I spent countless hours lying on my bedroom floor listening to my vinyl collection. 

There is something about the hard times, a bad government, and world terror that brings out the hippie in everyone. I've seen this trend pop up around again recently, and it's one of the only things that brings me solace in such trying times. Bring on the embroidered jeans, the glitter and the macrame!

Does this era inspire you?

xoxo. holly erinn   


















No comments:

Post a Comment