Monday, June 19, 2017

ART APPRECIATION // anatomy


Hello friends!!! 

Ever since I first started drawing, my focus has always been the human form. It's the most complicated, the hardest to get right and my life long challenge. There's a lot of artist out there that shy away from drawing people, but that never made sense to me. Why would you want to shy away from something that's hard instead of pushing yourself and learning? Maybe no one ever sat down and showed you how to do it right. Maybe every tutorial you've seen hasn't explained it in a way that made sense. Maybe every anatomy book you ever picked up just straight up confused and frustrated you. I got you, boo! 

Seriously, I spent years fumbling around trying to figure out how to draw the human form properly. And then one day a few years ago, something clicked in my head and it all started making sense. The trick is noticing and breaking down all the simple shapes and THEN filling in the detail. You can't just dive right in and expect to draw the perfect hand or hips. There's seriously some science behind it all, and there's little tricks that you can adopt to make sure your figures turn out perfectly every time! 

And that brings me to my next point.....I am starting a series on my Youtube channel called ART CLASS. The first round of videos will focus on building and learning the proper anatomy of an adult male and female. We'll go through all the points on the body that are difficult to get, and I'll help you break down all the basic shapes to make sure you get it right! I could probably make a million videos just on anatomy of the human body. It can be really complicated but we're going to go over the basics and keep it real simple at first. 

Eventually, we'll expand and talk about different mediums and how to use them. And I'm also asking you guys to brainstorm and think of other art related topics, subjects and projects that you would like to learn about in future videos. Leave your ideas down in the comments!! Or you can tweet me @happinessbrand7 on twitter!! 

So, let's talk about this specific post! I chose these few pieces because I feel like they showcase proper anatomy and several different and difficult poses and angles. I want you guys to study each piece a bit and really look closely for what and why the illustrations work. What makes each figure look realistic and proportional? And, what do you like most about each? 

Until next time, folks!!! 
xoxo. holly erinn 









No comments:

Post a Comment