Friday, June 23, 2017

Friday Favorites // no. 24


Hello friends!! 

This week has gone by so quickly for me! It's been a weird week too, I feel like we got to relax but at the same time it's been stressful. It was the official start of summer this week, and for all my wiccans out there I hope your Litha was wonderful and bright!!! I've been dreaming of hikes and feather hunting, lakes and seashells, and warm weather with friends gathered 'round. I'm finally getting my footing at my new job and things are starting to take shape with our little project. Eep! I can't wait to tell you more about that... but for the moment, lips are sealed! 

I've been working on a few commissions off and on this week too. I also just finished sealing a few new clay pieces that I'll be listing in my etsy soon. So basically, I've just been trying to keep my hands busy. OH! And, I've also been sewing a good bit this week too! I'm on a mission to build onto my wardrobe with hand made pieces...for several reasons. Over the past few months, I've really been trying to think more about where my clothing comes from, paying attention to on what and how I spend money, and the purpose behind what I am wearing. I don't really like modern fashion any more and I don't agree with a lot of how modern clothing is being made. 

In addition to thinking about how and where my clothing is made, I've also be diving deep into the idea of normalized beauty again and what that means to me. My hair has been a big focus for me recently too. I've been struggling with the idea of my dreads in relation to cultural appropriation. Not that I feel like they are culturally insensitive, but what I am, for a lack of a better word, nervous that other people will view it as that....which is why I've been hesitant about fully dreading my hair again. I will eventually dread my whole head, but I have to get out of my own head (lol!) before I do it.  

Have you guys ever struggled with anything like that? 

But overall, this week has been good. There's been a good bit of self reflection, which is what I always need in times of struggle. I feel like things are heading in a good direction and that life in general has been pretty good lately. I am thankful for the struggle and I am equally thankful for the peace. It's all a balance. 

How has your week been?

xoxo. holly erinn  



















No comments:

Post a Comment