Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Stellar (handmade) Stamps


Hello friends! 

It's been quite a while since I posted on here (again), I feel like I'm always saying that when I sit down to write here. Though, recently (insert super excited emoji face here) I started a new job at a company that I foolishly left a few years ago. Most of you know already, I work in the Human Services field. I work with adults with special needs, and I fucking looooooove it! So what does this have to do with stamps?? This job, unlike my previous one, will afford me the free time I need to work on my art and side projects.  The people in this company are amazing too, they're all so kind and really care, I mean REALLY care about the folks we are serving. That above all else is what draws me to a place of business in this field.

And that brings me to the stamps, I've recently gotten into carving stamps when I found a block of linoleum in my desk that I must have bought years ago and never used. I don't have the best tools, and I certainly don't know what I'm doing, but I have really been enjoying the process. The photo above is the first stamp I've ever made, a large signature stamp that I can use on my painting and prints. I also just finished up a set of cacti stamps with planters. I'll have to show you that soon! Eventually, I'd like to make a few sets for the etsy shop, which I hope to be opening up again next month!

Today, I wanted to share some of the pins that have been inspiring me lately. Most of them are pattern based, which is what I'd like to try my hand at next. Have you guys ever messed around with stamp making or do you collect stamps?! Let me know down in the comments! ❤💖❤😄😄😄

xoxo. holly erinn 














No comments:

Post a Comment