Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Threads & Textiles: Doe a Dear

PhotoGrid_1439053987203
PhotoGrid_1439054226955

Hello friends, 

Finally, the weather in Pittsburgh has dried up and I got some time to play in the woods. Though, the day that I decided to go to my favorite park there were a few interruptions that made taking these photos kind of hard. I usually sit down by the river bank a little further back in the woods from the actual park. There's a gorgeous view of the river bend and boats like to go past; which makes me smile. But, the day I decided to shoot there were 2 teenage boys that thought it would be fun to follow me into the woods and make me uncomfortable. Instead of being polite and leaving me alone, or just saying hello, they decided to sneak around the woods and watch me from behind trees. It was really weird, and they stayed out there for a good twenty minutes. So instead of making it any stranger than it already was, I just sat down by the river to draw and waited for them to leave. They did after a while. But, it was really weird and uncomfortable. 

Anyways, after the little turds left I was able to run around freely to take my photos. I picked this skirt up at the Old Navy Outlet Store at the Tanger Outlets in Washington on the way back home from our little trip to West Virginia. A lot of those stores up there are still very expensive for being outlet stores, but the Old Navy one has some pretty solid deals. I picked up 2 skirts and 2 V-neck tees for only $24...that's a damn good deal! So, if you ever down that way, I'd suggest stopping. I believe the ring I'm wearing is from Forever XXI but I got it so very long ago that I don't think they'd still have this design in stock. I'm sure there's rings around that are comparable. Geodes, crystals, and natural rocks are so very popular nowadays. 

I enjoyed the little time I got to spend with my favorite little spot. Hopefully, I'll get to go back and hopefully the weather is just as lovely. Do you guys have any favorite spots to sit and relax? 

xo. holly erinn 



PhotoGrid_1439053838309
PhotoGrid_1439054056609
PhotoGrid_1439053777845
PhotoGrid_1439054129570
PhotoGrid_1439053931372

No comments:

Post a Comment