Sunday, March 26, 2017

Art Appreciation no. 6 // Psychedelics











Hello friends,

Welcome back to class!! There's been some major things shaking up my world lately...in a really good way! I don't want to talk much about it yet, but there's something big on the way! And, it has something with today's post, in a way....kinda. Let's talk about art! 

Ya'll know my biggest inspiration is just color itself, and what art has more color in it than pretty much any other? Psychedelic art! It's a mix between fantasy, cartoons, and the color wheel's vomit. And I'm so into it. I've gathered a small collection of psychedelic art that I've found recently. You'll see a few pieces in the collection that don't have much color in them, and that's because their line work stands well enough on its own. 

I love art that is weird. There's something to be said about art that isn't afraid to make you say, 'huh?". I love a composition that doesn't make any damn sense and makes me stand there for an extra moment or so and ponder what exactly I'm seeing. That really goes for any art though, even museum pieces that I don't quite understand are the ones I'm drawn to. Which honestly is pretty funny, because my own personal art is very logical in a way and most of it you can make sense of. But what draws me in are the pieces that are visually confusing, the ones that mess you up for a minute. 

I hope you just take a moment to look at each piece, examine its small details and really dive into the narrative. Let me know which one speaks to you down in the comments!! 

xo. holly erinn 












No comments:

Post a Comment