Sunday, February 8, 2015

::Random Post:: Love Gold




Hello friends, 

So, I'm sure there's a few of you out there shaking your head at me, going "Oh, Holly! Gold is so tacky, and over the top. I'm not into this at all!". Gimme a chance....I never really liked gold before either, but as the years go on, I'm really warming up to it. Gold used to remind me of crazy old ladies playing the slots in Vegas. It was something that tacky people worn and made them stick out like a sore thumb. But, gold is making a come back. It's got a warm, almost vintage feel to it nowadays. And, there's a lot of good, fashionable folks that are taking gold to a whole new level. 

Today, I've got a few collections of how gold can be sprinkled into your everyday to add just a bit more sparkle. And, really what's wrong with some more sparkle?! With the summer months just around the corner, you can be as warm and golden as the sun with these awesome wares, DIY's, and makeup! 

Gold jewelry used to be big, heavy, and ugly. But, there's a whole new crop of designers giving it a new face. I love the light, girly details above. You can have a warm feminine tough with a small, funky ring, or a super trendy flash tattoo. Flash tattoos are some of my favorite things right now. They were hella popular last summer, and it looks like they're sticking around this year too! I picked up a crazy cheap pack at Walmart! Mix it up with a set of big, delicate earrings, or be the goddess you are with a sweet headpiece! 


I love this simple patterned print! Hello Summer vibes!! 


You guys know I love a good DIY. A few of these are probably going to be done this year. The honeycomb wall art is super cute, and really easy to do. That gold slime looks super fun too, I'm sure the kiddo and Bry (he's a big kid too!) would totally be into that. The kid is still at that age where slime, and doing stuff with us is kinda cool. That's gonna change soon I'm sure, so I better get on that. And speaking of Bry, he loves, loves, loves gold so I'm certain if I paint our kitchen all gold he really wouldn't mind. Those gold dipped coffee cups are to die for. I want an entire kitchen like that, no kidding! White, gold, and mint! Dream kitchen, people!! 



This tutorial is super simple. And, her whole blog is hella cute! Sooo many sewing projects. I'm going to be scouring her blog for fun stuff to make this year. So don't be surprised if you see more from this awesome blog! 

Last but certainly not least, makeup. This isn't going to be for everyone, but you can absolutely sneak a little bit of gold into your looks. It can be from a super subtle look like no.1 or you can go hella bold and do a solid gold brow! Like woah, that brow! Gold will warm up your face, and if you've got blue eyes (like me!) it'll make that blue pop like no other! Seriously, look at that brow! Gold looks good on all skin tones too. No.3 is drop dead gorgeous, the gold really brings out the warm chocolate tones in her skin. It's just stunning, look how rosy she looks!! Going out tonight? Try a super bold cat eye with glitter and a strong black line. 

I hope you guys liked this post. Did this change your mind about gold, or did it make you turn further away? If you guys try out one of these looks, or a DIY share it with me so I can see your creativity and awesomeness!! 

xo. holly erinn 



No comments:

Post a Comment