Monday, January 13, 2014

Random Post: DIY Awesomeness


Hello Friends,

The closer we get to spring, the more I get twitchy for the handmade wonders of DIY's and I've been scouring the internet lately, looking for some cute ones and I think I found a few you guys may enjoy! 

The above is a photo of the lovely, Katie of Skunkboy. This DIY is perferct, and I can't wait to try it. I am constantly finding dresses at the thrift store that are just a tiny bit too small for me up in the chest area and this would be the absolute best way to fix it! She's a genius. 



The Creative Market  is one of the best resources I've come across within the past year. They have a ton of free things that come out every week or so. New fonts, fun backgrounds, and vector images of all sorts just to name a few! Not to mention, they have a ton of amazing things you (or someone like you who has money) can purchase, like blog templates and all kinds of neat stuff! I really like this site and once I can afford it, I'm sure I'll be buying something fun off here. 



Holy cuteness!! I am completely in love with this amazingly adorable indoor butterfly garden by Scathingly Brilliant! In all actuality, everything she does is just lovely! I think I'm going to try and do something like this somewhere in our room soon. It's really just too cute not too. Oh! And I just remembered, I have super glittery butterflies in my craft stash. Yup. This is totally happening. 


Here they are folks. The fairy god mothers of DIY, yes A Beautiful Mess. I know I found this a little late in the game (Christmas was...uhh...weeks ago) but this project is so stupidly simple and just so lovely it kind of hard to not love it! I don't think I'd have it say anything festive or seasonal. I would want it to stay up all year, and maybe hand above our bed on our "cool wall". I'll explain later, there's plans in the works. But for serious thou, this project is on point. I'm totally trying it this year! Stay tuned. 



SO! I really haven't updated you guys on aaaaanything that we've been up to lately...because, we haven't done...anything. For serious, school and work and the end of the quarter has consumed me life for the past month or so. And along with the holidays, we have had no life. At. All. The new year is here, next week I start my final quarter of school before I have to find an internship. Life is going to get interesting real quick. 

Bryan and I made a list of things we want to do this year, and along with my list of goals to be achieved by my next birthday (thankfully the day before the new year)....we've got a lot planned at a lot we want to do this year. This year is going to be the year we stay on point. The year we actually get some shit done! Wish us good luck, folks. Here's to a DIY year. 

We've got a few photo projects in the works and a few fun things we want to do that we're going to document. AND there's a few other things that I can't wait to work on that I can't quite tell you about yet! Squee...secret projects, anticipation of spring and a handmade start to our new year! <3



xoxo. 

Holly 





No comments:

Post a Comment