Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Random Post: Life Lately

Linda from Accounting. @ococolleen #doodles #character #designs #comic #comicbook #wip #illustration #love #pittsburgh
Hello Friends, 

I'm sure you've noticed how quite things have been lately, and if you've read my last post...you'll know why. Depression has kicked my ass lately, but I'm finally coming out of it. This post is the proof. I haven't drawn, sculpted, or painted as much as I have in the past two weeks as I have in this entire year. It's been incredible. Bryan and I are home together now, and it's been so wonderful to just be able to wake up when we want and do whatever we want during the day. The no money part is pretty shitty, but we're managing rather well. 

I feel so much better. My medication is starting to actually set in and I can honestly say that I don't hate life at all right now. I wish things could stay like this for the rest of ever, but I know eventually we're going to have to go to real life. That is unless something absolutely magical happens, but let's not hold our breath. haha! We started sculpting little things the other day out of Super Sculpey, and it's been some of the most fun we've had in a long time. Cabin fever is pretty lame, but crafts with my man is pretty swell. I heard birds outside our bedroom this morning and I can't lie....it got me all kinds of excited for spring, so I've been working with a lot of pastel and light colors recently. 

We also sent in our contract for this year's Sunday Market down at the Pump House. The first market is May 4th, and we've been working on things for it like crazy. I've got an entire MONTH to work on crafty things, and that's probably the best thing to happen to me in the longest time! I can't wait for the market to start back up again, I've been missing it like crazy. AND!!! It's not just an every-other week thing this year, it's going to be held EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY!!! Holy fucking crap, I can not wait. 

Anyhoozle....So let's talk about the craziness in this post. The very first picture is of a few really rough character sketches for a project that my darling friend, Colleen and I are working on. Most likely, I'll be sharing more on here once we get a bit further in. We're just in the planning stages right now. The rest of the art below is kind of random. The two single faces are doodles from my new Samsung Galaxy Note3, and yea....I'm totally in a love affair with my phone. Bryan knows, and he's cool with it. The mermaids were a present for a dear friend on the day of her baby shower. She's having a precious little girl and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to paint a tiny mermaid! That baby shower was so fun. A bunch of us girls dressed up like Disney Princesses and surprised her with all kinds of games and fun things to do that day. I was Alice, of course. Who else would I be? Duh! The very last piece of art here today is that of some cards that I'm working on. It's a series of greeting cards with various woodland creatures that live in Southwestern Pennsylvania. I'm so in love with my city and the good ol' state of PA, so I felt it was due time for me to pay a little homage to the gorgeous creatures that call our woods 'home'. Those will be for sale this spring at the Pump House Market. 

Phone doodles on my #samsung #galaxynote3 I kind of really love this thing. #doodles #illustration #girlswhodraw #art #love #technology #Snote


A little better detail on their faces.  #mermaid #myth #illustrator #illustration #girlswhodraw #gift #girl #instagood #babyshower #itsagirl #drawing #watercolor #paint
Working on a gift for a friend's baby shower. SheLove mermaids and is having a precious little girl. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Stay tuned tonight for more updates as I work on this. #wip #mermaid #illustration #instagood #instaart #art #pencil Inked and ready for color! #instagood #instaart #art #pencil #pittsburgh #PGH #love #ocean #beautiful #sea #myth #cute #girlswhodraw #illustrator #traditional #illustration #mermaid #baby #girl #babies #babyshower #gift Finished!! I think it turned out rather well, I do say so myself.  #illustrator #traditional #watercolor #paint #instagood #Love #cute #mermaid #babyshower #gift #daughter #itsagirl #art #drawing #illustration A quick 10 minute doodle. Another from my #samsung #galaxynote3 #illustration #girlswhodraw #art #love #technology #Snote #instagood #instaart #doodles Snowed in and dreaming of spring so I've decided to start a new project! Greeting cards inspired by the animals of my lovely state of Pennsylvania! These will be up fire sale later this spring at the Sunday Heritage Market at the Pump House.... More detai Untitled

The above image is from a short film we helped make a few weeks ago with a few friends. You can check it out here!!

We've also been trying to take more photos in general. Every time we go out now, we try and look at least a little decent because you never know when the opportunity for a good shot will present itself. And the few photos below are just that...I mean, c'mon look how handsome he looks in this one!? And that was his idea for the one with my ring collects (and yea, that's totally not all of them). I've really been enjoying all the time he and I have been given to relax and work on the things we enjoy.

UntitledUntitled

I LOVE THIS PICTURE HAHGRFBKASDGBLAGBALGB!!!! 

Again, his idea. He snatched my phone out of my hand that morning and fiddled with the timers and ta-dah! An adorable photo of us on the front steps of the house. 

Untitled
Untitled Untitled @chainsaw_music and I have been sculpting all day. His creations are much less sweet and adorable than mine. Tiny dessert charms. #dessert #clay #jewelry #doughnut #cake #cupcake #macaroons #handmade #homemade #love #pittsburgh Our little creatures. @chainsaw_music #clay #sculptures #supersculpey #handmade #homemade #critters Baby doughnuts, cookies, macaroons, and coffee cups... Little pendants mace of #clay #jewelry #doughnut #cake #cupcake #macaroons #handmade #homemade #love

The few photos above are from our recent adventures in clay. It's been really fun scouring the internet looking for inspiration for tiny foods, and all the adorable things Japan has to offer. Japan and its Lolita fashions have really been inspiring me this year. It's like a flashback to high school ahaha! Bryan hasn't worked with clay before and for his first time, he really impressed me. But, really, I shouldn't be surprised. He picks up on things so quickly if he's really interested in it.

I think we're going to be pumping out a few more creations today. It's going to be a working day in our house. It's actually pretty hard to stay motivated in our absence/unemployment. But, we're doing pretty well. We've been planning a lot. The market starts soon (EEP!), and spring is just around the corner. That means tons of hiking and probably more photography than you folks can stand! I'm planning on scavenging through the forest for feathers, bones, and any sort of plant or flower that catches my eye. I started drying flowers a little bit last year, and cant' wait to continue again this year! Pictures to come, don't you fret!

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good, and am excited to get back into the swing of things. I'm not rushing, trust me. This month is still going to be very slow for me, because otherwise I'll just be back to where I started. I still haven't found a therapy place yet, I've gotten discouraged because of all the places turning me away...but I'll figure it out eventually. I'm doing pretty good though for now, and that's something to smile about.

And a gratuitous picture of our beautiful cat, Pepper in mid-sneak. I caught her.


xo.
Holly

Pepper cat mid-sneak... yea I caught you little one. #instacat #pepper #love @chainsaw_music

No comments:

Post a Comment