Sunday, February 2, 2014

Girl Crush: Iggy




Hello Friends,

Have you guys heard of Iggy Azalea yet? She's hot. She raps. She's just plain cool. And she's actually got a brain in her head. She's worked really hard to get where she is and the fact that she's done it at such a young age (23). Like, what?! I was getting stupid drunk and painting kids faces at 23...what am I doing with my life?? Girls like Iggy make me want to be better and strive harder for a better reality for myself.

I've watched the video at the end of this post about a dozen times. She discusses race and record label executives. I really like the point she makes when the interviewer asks what she thinks of the execs being the taste makers of modern music. Record labels DO NOT decide what gets played any more. WE THE PEOPLE ARE WHO DECIDES. Stop acting like all the shitty music on the radio is their fault, stop asking for it.

Meh. Whatever, I'll stop complaining haha! I love her, her music is catchy and at times a bit edgy. So I dig it. As always, give it a chance. Take a listen and maybe you'll discover something new! Enjoy her awesomeness.

xo.
holly

No comments:

Post a Comment