Friday, February 7, 2014

Awesome Post: 50th Anniversary of the Beatles coming to America



Hello Friends,


Today marks a very special day in music history. It is the 50th anniversary of the greatest band of all time coming to our great American shores. The Beatles arrived at JKF airport 50 years ago today, to make their biggest TV break only a few days later on The Ed Sullivan Show. This band has been more important to me throughout my entire life than any religion ever has. I grew up with The Beatles. They're my dad's favorite band and so many of my most cherished memories have them playing in the background. Through out the years, I've grown fonder and fonder of their music, the mysteries behind the lyrics, and the overall message they represent. Love. The represent something much deeper than music for me. In the Karnes' household, The Beatles are more like a religion and less like a band.

I could go on and on and on and on for years about how deep my love of The Beatles is. But, I will not subject you to the squishy feelings of this misplaced hippie soul. Just enjoy this amazing video of the real 'first appearance' of The Beatles.

And just for fun, go grab a record or press play on that MP3, and help me celebrate this amazing milestone of a band that has stood the test of time. Congrats, boys. <3

xo.
holly

No comments:

Post a Comment