Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Art Appreciation // no.5 // Food Art



Hello friends, 

Today, I wanted to bring you one of my favorite sub-sects of the art world; the world of food art! Now, this may be something that really doesn't cross your mind as being a big part of how we view art--but think about all the advertisements at your local grocery store, or all the packaging from your favorite brands! Food art finds itself in people's kitchens, and on the walls of our favorite restaurants. I love, love love food art! I find myself gravitating towards this type of art when I've been trying to stay away from tasty treats, or some of my favorite hella unhealthy junk foods. It satisfies my brain in a weird way and keeps me away from those things that may not always be the best---and it's fucking cute! I tried to gather lots of different variations of food art. Most of what I was finding while researching this subject were illustrations of treats like cakes, and ice creams. I wanted more than that. I like a good illustration of cheeses, or a nice watercolor of a plate of fish! Take notice of all the different colors and textures in the pieces as you view this post. What stands out most to you? Would you hang one of these in your home? What do you guys think?

Anyone else hungry? 

xo. Holly Erinn 




















No comments:

Post a Comment