Tuesday, November 25, 2014

::Threads and Textiles:: Gold Glitter & Forest Green



Hello Friends, 

So, its not quite officially winter here in Pittsburgh, but we are feeling that chill in the air. I recently bought a new coat, from Walmart of all places! I really like it, its super warm, and so very cute. Just my style. Over the years, I've always gravitated towards greens in my wardrobe. It may be because I am a natural redhead. Anything beyond greens and earth tones makes me look like a box of crayons or completely washes out all of the color in my skin, making me look like a ghost. Green is my shit. 


PhotoGrid_1416166322558 PhotoGrid_1416166202637
PhotoGrid_1416166389663



I also picked up this scarf set at Walmart for $4. Yea, if you just search a little, you can find some very cool stuff there for pretty cheap. And it helps that I get a 20% discount because my father is one of their mechanics. It's a sweet deal. 

I wore this outfit on the day I took my friends' family portraits. They recently had a beautiful baby girl named, Alice. She's so very precious and her big brother, Calvin is seriously my BFF. I love those kids almost as much as I love their parents! The Robinson clan has always been so good to me, so taking their portraits is the very least I can do. I'll be posting more on all that later. 

But, it was cold as shit that day, and thank goodness for this coat and scarf. I doubled up on layers too, with a hand me down sweater, and a concert tee. Jeans for easy moving and comfy shoes for running around after the kids. 


PhotoGrid_1416166225055
Hanging out on Southside today, taking selfies like the toolbag I am. Chyeaaa.  #fbloggers #styleblogger #ootd #motd #lotd #potd #wiwt #makeup #mua #makeupblogger #makeupblog #styleblogger #instablogger #bbloggers #lbloggers #lifestyleblogger #beautyblogg


I haven't been feeling the best lately, so doing makeup has been quite the chore. But, I was feeling pretty fancy and broke out some gold. I usually don't play with glitter any more, because I feel like its too flashy for the looks I've been going for. Though, after this day it's totally making me rethink my stand on glitter...especially gold glitter. The christmas season makes me feel fancy, so I think the gold is going to stick around for a few more weeks. Right after Christmas, I'm totally in spring mode. It helps me get threw the shitty Pittsburgh winters. I seriously decorate my house in so many flowers and spring colors to trick my brain into thinking it's warmer outside. I'm crazy, don't judge haha! 

PhotoGrid_1416166417040


Well that about wraps it up for today. I'll be writing more about the photo shoot from this day. I had a blast and cant wait to share the final results with you guys. Oh! And don't forget, my Etsy shop is up and running-filled with tons of new and VINTAGE pieces. Check it out & use code:  xmas14   for 10% off everything in the shop


xo. 
Holly Erinn 

No comments:

Post a Comment