Friday, November 18, 2016

What's happenin'....

,

Hello friends!!!

Holy hell! It's been quite a minute since I've written anything here on this blog. I'm sure you've noticed there's been a bit of a change around these parts....namely....the name! Over the summer, I've been crazy busy rebranding this blog and the rest of my social outlets. I had out grown the 'happiness' name and I didn't feel like the core idea behind it suited who I am now as a person and as an artist. The last few years have been trying to get back to my roots and focus mainly on my art. It's what my life has revolved around since....forever and it's what I've studied the most.

So, the name Psychedelic Siren....

The name came to be randomly. I was brainstorming for the rebrand, and I remember talking with friends around that time and the idea of my art being like a 'psychedelic dream' came up and that sparked something in me. Around the same time, I had bought a really special pair of hand carved wooden earrings that feature a siren on them from Two Feathers Connection on Etsy.  The idea of sirens have always fascinated me, the idea of these beautiful women singing to sailors to lore them to their deaths......it intrigues me. ANYWAY......back to what I was trying to get to....psychedelic siren....it kind of encompasses this bigger feeling of the brand that I'm trying to create.  She's someone who is wild, colorful and just a little dangerous. And, that's really fucking cool to me. Anyway....I hope you guys check out the video about. It talks about my new adventures in YouTube. Until next time, friends!!

xoxo. holly erinn

No comments:

Post a Comment